Fluoropolymer coatings offer an extremely low coefficient of friction, good abrasion resistance, chemical resistance and corrosion protection. They are used on components to increase their lifespan.
Xylan is the brand name of a family of fluoropolymer coatings. They differ from traditional fluoropolymer coatings in one very important aspect – they are composite materials.
Lubricants with the lowest known coefficient of friction, they are combined with high temperature resistant organic polymers and cured to provide coatings that help improve performance and extend the life of components.
Xylan coatings are a versatile option for many products that demand performance in extreme temperatures or chemical or corrosive environments. These coatings are also a great choice in situations where lubrication and friction-resistance are necessary providing excellent non-stick and low-friction properties.
Xylan coatings provide corrosion resistance in chemical and harsh weather environments, they are abrasion resistant and prevent degradation from UV light.
Designed to enhance the engineering properties of machined components, Xylan coatings are used in a wide range of applications.
Benefits of Xylan coatings
- Low coefficient of friction
- Wear and abrasion resistant
- Chemical resistance
- Wide range of operating temperatures (-195 to +285°C or -320 to +545°F)
- Flexible curing schedule
- Non-stick properties
- Pliability – bend freely and repeatedly without breaking
- Excellent adhesion properties
- Wide range of colours
- Petrochemical, oil and gas subsea and topside components
- Piping and Tubing
- Valves and Actuators
- Pistons and Pumps
- General Components
Xylan is typically applied in spray form and oven cured.
Teflon™ coating is versatile and functional and is used in several different industries. The coatings are excellent in reducing friction, as PTFE has the lowest coefficient of friction of any solid material.
Teflon™ One Coat is a distinctive coating solution. It is a unique system due to the formulation with special blends of fluoropolymers and other high-performance resins. This formulation gives them the ability to form layers, in the cure process, which makes the fluoropolymer more concentrated at the surface. This stratification allows the one coat to better retain its hardness, corrosion and abrasion resistance, low friction and non-stick properties during curing.
Properties of Teflon™
- Wear resistant
- Low coefficient of friction
- Heat resistance: Operating continuously at temperatures up to 260 °C (500 °F)
- Corrosion protection
- Chemical resistant -due to low porosity
- Unique electrical properties: high dielectric strength, low dissipation factor, and high surface resistivity over a wide range of frequencies. They can be used as anti-static coatings.
- Abrasion resistance: Excellent durability and toughness, resist scratches and abrasion.
Benefits of Teflon™
Teflon coating is used to prolong the life of an engineered component with effective application and excellent quality. It is an effective coating that reduces costs, rework, and downtime.
Spray and oven cure.